My own best life lessons come from being a wife and mother, friend and colleague. Having been married for almost three decades, raising a now grown son, being a member of many groups, teams and organizations, engaging in my own ongoing therapy…what I have gleaned from these experiences informs and enriches my professional work as a therapist. With a 30- year accumulation of observations and experiences in the field of psychotherapy, I feel grounded, balanced and successful in what my practice offers.
We are all on this journey together, the journey of being human. It is by sharing and learning along the way that we can assist in each other’s personal growth. I believe this is the path toward evolutionary change.
- Masters in Social Work degree from University of Washington in 1984.
- Licensed therapist with the State of Washington (# 00004175)
- 1984-1991: Worked for Family Counseling Services in Everett
- 1992-1999: Worked at University of Washington School of Medicine as in-house therapist for medical students and their families
- 2000-present: Full-time private psychotherapy practice